Monday 12 November 2007

My Lunches for a Week – Yum, yum, yum!!

November

Everyday at the Junior High School I enjoy a wonderful bento box at school for lunch! It costs only 400 Yen (about $4) and it is delivered to school and kept in the fridge and the “hot” fridge! On Thursdays I get to eat the school lunch with the students.

Here is my week of lunches -

Monday -

dumplings, pumpkin, egg with vegetables, croquette, fish with sweet soy sauce and sesame seeds.


vinegar salad with cucumber, radish and seaweed, pickled plum and sweet chilli seaweed.


Tuesday -

egg, fish, fish cakes, konyaku, vegetables, beef croquette.


spinach and sesame salad, sweet potato with sweet coating, pickles.


Wednesday -

vegetables, egg omlette, sweet and sour pork, cabbage.


tofu salad, dried fish, pickles.


Thursday -

milk, bread, udon soup, salad of beansprouts, carrot, ham and mayonaise.


Friday -

beef, egg, vegetables, tenpura, seaweed.


potato salad, apple, pickled plum.


I love my lunches here as each day and each week is different and it is so good to not know what you are eating for lunch that day! I like all the lunches - there is nothing I don't eat!!!

2 comments:

Taube said...

Great blog! I love bento boxes! I don't know what I'll do when I go home. Now, I'm learning how to cook Japanese food, but I don't think I could ever replicate the variety and the deliciousness of a bento.

Tinz said...

What will you do without bento boxes??!! They all look pretty good!