Friday 2 November 2007

Kyoto with Dad and Lainey!

30th October

Today I was lucky enough to have another day off so I could take Dad and Lainey to Kyoto.

Our first stop was Kyoto Tower (something I haven’t done yet). Kyoto Tower is over 100 metres tall so the view of the city is amazing. It was really interesting to see the city which looks so modern but then you can see temples, pagodas and traditional style roofs scattered throughout the city.

View from Kyoto tower


Kyoto Tower at night.


We then headed to Kinkaku-ji which by now you would know is my favourite place in Kyoto! I have been here 5 times now! Dad and Lainey also loved it!

Kinkaku-ji - The Golden Pavilion




Dad and I in front of Kinkaku-ji


The beautiful red leaves appearing in Kyoto.


Our last place to visit was Kiyomizu-dera which is another of my favourite places in Kyoto which I have visited 4 times – which means I have seen it in every season now!

Kiyomizu-dera


It was a great day and every time I go to Kyoto I at least see one more new place!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Kyoto is my favourite place. How pretty with the autumn leaves starting to come out.