Monday 5 November 2007

Food!! Glorious Food!! October!!

October 2007

Once again I have eaten a range of delicious foods this month but I keep forgetting to take photos! Here are a few of the wonderful things I have eaten . . .

The wonderful vending machines that are everywhere here! It is now getting a lot cooler so hot drinks are making their way back into the machines!


Breakfast when we went to the Ise peninsula - ham, egg, toast and salad with a coffee for only about $5!


My dinner - hamburger pattie, crumbed prawn and much more!


Mum's dinner - tenpura and sashimi and more!


Bento box that we were given at the Shinzaike Matsuri


This is a sea urchin of some kind - I don't know what exactly but it was delicious!


Bento box that we had at cultural day


Another bento box that we got at the Nada Kenka Matsuri


Green tea and Japanese bean paste sweet at the tea ceremony


Ok now this looks quite terrible but on the menu it said sesame chicken and cheese meat balls. Well I was a little shocked when this arrived at the table as I was expecting white sesame seeds - not black ones which are quite popular in Japan! However they were delicious!


Ok now another menu item that we were unsure of! It said pork steak with vegetables - but we got to cook it ourselves at the table!


It was delicious and this is the end product!

1 comment: