Monday 5 November 2007

Cultural Day at Joken JHS

31st October

Today was Cultural Day at my Junior High School. We walked with all the students to a hall in the city – they were so well behaved I couldn’t believe it!

The day started with a choral performance by each year level and then each class.

All the first grade students choral performance.


We then had lunch – a great bento box.



Two of my first grade students and me!


I then went to see the students perform a tea ceremony and I got to have a sweet and green tea – yum!

The green tea and sweet at the tea ceremony.


A few of my favourite students and Kakuda-sensei!


Me with the students in the tea ceremony club.


We then saw a kyogen performance (Japanese traditional comedy). And learnt about instruments and how to wear a kimono for Noh theatre.

Kyogen


We then saw a Noh performance (traditional Japanese theatre).



Then it was time for the awards for the best choral performance before packing up and walking back to school.

It was a great day and I finally got to see Noh which I hadn’t seen before and once again I was shown how well behaved all the students are at my school!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Your cultural festival looked pretty good.