Wednesday 28 January 2009

Kite Festival!

January 11th

I finally got to go to the annual kite festival which was really interesting. It was held at the nearby race course on the windiest and coldest day! But when we arrived we could see a huge amount of kites in the sky of varying sizes. The most amazing kite was the Himeji castle kite! It didn't stay up long but it was very impressive. This was also the first day that I saw snow! It just suddenly started when we were at the festival. I really love the snow as it is just so beautiful and I am hoping for more!

Kite festival - so many kites and so windy!


Himeji castle kite getting ready for take off!


And it is away!


More kites


This man talked to Taube and I for ages as he makes these kites with cool dragons on them


The snow coming in over the mountains!

No comments: