Tuesday 18 December 2007

Yubarra Onsen - round 2 of naked bathing!!

8th December

Well as earlier mentioned we made the trip to Yubarra onsen only to be horrified at the amount of naked men in broad daylight but I still really wanted to go in the onsen. After talking to Kyosuke I found out that apparently at night time more women go and of course it is dark so you don't see as much!

The beautiful river with the onsen on the right hand side - this was during the day though.


The sign showing what you should wear in the onsen - just a towel!!


So Kyosuke and I headed there after dinner. There were still quite a few people there even though it was quite late and of course there were still many men who decided that a towel was just not necessary! But there were some women there and I had a huge towel so it was all good! It was so beautiful - it was 4 degrees outside and the water would have been at least 30 degrees, the sky was black with many stars and the steam coming off the onsen looked amazing. It was a great experience and although I had to often overt my eyes it was definitely worth it and I recommend it to anyone who has a big enough towel and is game!!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

I can't believe that you actually went into the onsen after all this time - good job! At least you can say that you have been in one now even though you wore a towel :-)