Sunday 23 December 2007

Food!! Glorious Food!! December!!

December

Well this is my last entry about the food I have eaten in Japan. I love the food here and I will definitely be in search of Japanese restaurants and ingredients when I come home. So here is what I ate this month -

Amazing Pud Thai in Tokyo - it was my first one all year!


This salad was part of my lunch and was really yum but look closely and you can see tiny whole fish! Eyes and all!


The yum Nabe that Kyosuke and Makoto made us.


Plum sparkling sake - so nice that I wish the bottle was bigger!


The omurisu that we made with Yoko's help - like an omelette filled with rice and chicken - yum!


These are Kyosuke's favourite - it is whole dried squid that has been soaked in vinegar - they look and smell disgusting but taste amazingly good!


I finally made a pavlova in Japan and it actually worked - although I had help from a pavlova egg which I took over with me!


We tried Sapporo beer in the beer factory in Sapporo - this was their original recipe and it was really good!


My last asahi beer in Japan :( it was as delicious as all the others!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Don't know about that squid.....BUT that pavlova was AWESOME!! Sooooo good.