Friday 10 August 2007

Miyajima - My Favourite Place! (Well one of them!)

5th August 2007

Today we went to Miyajima which is an island off of Hiroshima. It is one of my favourite places in Japan! This was my second time to visit Miyajima and it was quite different to last time as last time was in winter! We had a great day and I am looking forward to visiting Miyajima again!

The beautiful Torii which means that the whole island is sacred. It is one of Japan's best 3 views!




A 5 storey pagoda on Miyajima.

This time I went to the aquarium which was really interesting as there were many creatures I had not seen before! This porpoise was so cute! It kept coming up to the glass and smiling at me :)

This time we were also able to see Itsukushima shrine with water around it as the tides were right - it was so beautiful!


Tina, Steve and I also got to see this crazy monkey - he rode a bike, walked on stilts, collected money and dressed as a samurai warrior! All slightly wrong!


The crazy deer that roam freely and eat whatever they want! This little girl was so cute!


The beautiful Torii at sunset!




All of us at Miyajima - Tina, Steve, Marie, Tom, Me, Shinya (Marie's friend) and Kathy.

1 comment:

Tinz said...

I love Miyajima!