Saturday 11 August 2007

Mitaki-ji - Waterfall temple

7th August 2007

I had read about a waterfall temple near Hiroshima in the Lonely Planet guide and I really wanted to go so on our last day in Hiroshima we set out to find Mitaki-ji. It was such an amazing place but I don't think many people know about it. There is one main temple set in a tropical forest with small waterfalls around the place. There are so many statues and places to pray throughout the forest. It was so beautiful and green and I loved seeing all the statues. There were also a lot of spiders and Marie saw 2 snakes! Mitaki-ji is such an amazing place where I could spend all day just looking around.





A Japanese lady was praying here and placing offerings to the gods and she showed me how to scoop the water and throw it over the statues.












3 comments:

Tinz said...

Such an awesome place. I am glad we found it!! :-)

Razeno said...

Hi.
Very interesting.
You brought my memories back.
It was a big coincidence that I was in the same place in 24th August 2007!
Please visit my blog http://razeno.blogspot.com and go to 2007 august posts. I use Esperanto for bloging.

Love to hear from you.
Razen Manandhar (from Nepal)

Razeno said...

Hi.
Very interesting.
You brought my memories back.
It was a big coincidence that I was in the same place in 24th August 2007!
Please visit my blog http://razeno.blogspot.com and go to 2007 august posts. I use Esperanto for bloging.

Love to hear from you.
Razen Manandhar (from Nepal)