Wednesday 8 August 2007

Food!! Glorious Food!! July

July 2007

Once again I have tried many wonderful foods and drinks this month in Japan!

Calpis! (Yes say the name!) It tastes great though!


Yum chocolate cocktails that Marie and Aleysha made!


Strawberry snowcone! It is shaved ice with flavoured syrup. They are everywhere in summer - you can tell by the flag that hangs outside shops.


We went to an Izakiya (Japanese bar/restaurant) and had a variety of yum foods!
Yum salad and raw octopus in wasabi - it was really nice!


Yum whole fish!


Squid tentacles marinated in miso paste! These were really good!


Shrimp things which tasted really good!


There is pizza hut here but until recently I hadn't tried it but Jodi, Jono, Chelsea and I decided to give it a go! We ordered the double roll pizza which had sausage rolls and cheese rolls around the edge of the pizza and it had mini burgers on it!


Kate and a frozen chocolate coated banana - yum!


Kinako mochi - sticky rice balls with sweet soybean dust.


Okonomiyaki -one of my favourites!


My lunch at the Tofu cafe - most of it was really nice but some of the textures were not so good!


These sandwiches are from a convienience store. This one had tuna and cheese but you can buy all different fillings. I don't know how they are made as they have no crust and are sealed on all edges!


Yum desserts from the fancy hotel that Kate and I stayed in!



I have not tried this and don't think I will but I thought it was slightly overboard!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

More delicious food! :-)