Thursday 31 May 2007

Baseball - Hanshin Tigers!

26th May 2007

On Sunday Marie, Tina, Steve and I went to the baseball for the first time in Japan! The baseball coach at school was able to get me 4 tickets to a game. It was held at Skymark stadium which is about 15 minutes out of Kobe but it was the opposing team’s home ground – the Orix Buffaloes. We joined a line close to a kilometre long and eventually made our way into the stadium. We had fantastic seats and it was a beautiful sunny day. It was such an exciting atmosphere there was a mini brass band playing for each team! We had a great day – had hotdogs, saw students from my school, let off balloons at the 7th innings mark, Marie and Tina bought baseball bat clappers and I bought a fan and we got on the big screen TV! but sadly the Hanshin Tigers lost 0-7! We hope to see another game at Koshin which is the Hanshin Tigers home grounds. It was such an exciting day and I look forward to my next baseball match!

The entrance to the stadium.


The game!!


Steve, Tina, Marie and I.


All the balloons being let go!


The big screen that we got on!


Marie, Tina and I with our supporter gear!


Us with my students that we saw there!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

How awesome is baseball??!! I really hope that we get to go to another match.

Marie said...

How cute were your kids that we met at the baseball match? I had heaps of fun that day. We HAVE to go to Koshien!