Friday 9 April 2010

Osaka with my teachers!

February 26th

Tonight I had the strangest yet most fun night out with my teachers. We drove to Osaka after school and headed to a famous yakinikku (BBQ) restaurant and had all we could eat and drink for 2 hours! It was so delicious - I even tried raw liver which is surprisingly better than cooked liver. We then went to a "New Half" bar. Earlier in the day my teachers were telling me about the bar but couldn't explain it in English other than "man woman mix" so I came to the conclusion that it might be a drag show bar. When we entered we were shown to a table and 2 women that worked there sat with us and chatted to us. They told us that they weren't in fact drag queens as they had all had the operation. It was then performance time and there were many dances and comedy acts. The finale was announced - "sexy time"!! And yes the girls came out on stage with not much on and then lifted their skirts at the end so you could see everything! And yes they had all had the operation!! It was a great night and I am glad that I work with such outgoing teachers!

BBQ


With one of the English teachers and the Japanese teacher


All these girls used to be men . . . before their operation

No comments: