Wednesday 1 April 2009

Real Sushi!

19th March

As always strange things happen in Japan and this is no exception! An English teacher from my apartment (Ferra-Lynn) works with an English teacher that has a friend that wants to do sports medicine in Australia so he wants to talk with an Australian! So it is arranged that we all go out for sushi together for dinner. It was a very traditional sushi restaurant where there is one chef who made all the food and there was a fish tank where the chef caught a fish and used it in our meal. We also tried uniuzura which is a type of sushi with sea urchin and raw quail egg! I was looking at it thinking no I can't eat it but it is a rare type of sushi and he had made it especially for us so I did it! It was a good night and the guy wanting to do sports medicine in Australia was funny and only asked me a few difficult questions! When we left the restaurant we went to karaoke at a snack bar! It was a very funny night and the guy would not let us pay for anything and then he also sent Ferra-Lynn and I in a taxi home! I hope he does come to Australia when I am there so I can repay the favour!

The sports medicine guy, the chef, me and Ferra-Lynn


Our entree - raw tuna, whole little fish and egg and bamboo rolls


The fish tank


Real sushi!


Uniuzura!


Me eating the uniuzura and being watched very carefully!

No comments: