Tuesday 23 September 2008

Teachers After Sports Day Party!

22nd September

After sports day was over the teachers had a party at a local Chinese restaurant. We had a set menu and all you can drink tea, juice and beer! It was a great night and was a lot crazier than the one I went to last year! The added stress of postponing sports day due to the weather and having worked a 7 day week without a break meant that the teachers really let their hair down! The women teachers did the Soran dance and even formed a pyramid. Then the male teachers went out the room only to come back in marching like the boys with their shirts off! I have never laughed so hard at a teachers party! Some teachers were also very, very merry which added to the fun of the night. After dinner we headed to the second party which was held at a small bar which had karaoke. As usual I was requested to sing an English song and since my singing abilities are so bad I left the choice up to the English teacher I work with and we ended up singing Mariah Carey - Hero! Well I don't think either of us hit the high notes but when we finished we were met with a round of applause and comments of what a great choice! I love Japan! :-)

The women doing the Soran! (the man who is also in this photo was very merry!)


And making pyramids!


The table I was on


Amazing frozen lychees


The men with their shirts off doing formations - too funny!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

That's too funny! As if they took their shirts off. What were they thinking???!!