Tuesday 23 September 2008

Hirohata Junior High School

September 2008

On September the 1st the new school term started so I finally got to go to school after a very long holiday! My new Junior High School is Hirohata. It takes me about forty minutes by bus to get there and it is in the outer suburbs of Himeji. I really like all my teachers and the students are slowly warming to me too! Everyone is interested as I am apparently the first Australian to work at Hirohata! I also work at three primary schools which are rotated every week, one is across the road from my Junior High School which is great. Here are some photos of my school and the surrounding areas -

The rice field near school.


The market garden behind my school.


I love Japanese students and some apparently love me too!


I started laughing when I read this!


Just some of the amazing art work done by the students here - this is just their summer diary!


The teachers room


The school oval and the hills in the background


More of the school yard with other classrooms

No comments: