Wednesday 17 September 2008

Food!! Glorious Food!! July, August and September!

July, August and September

I have decided to keep the food part of my blog going monthly to keep everyone up to date with the interesting and wonderful things I have eaten! So here is July, August and a bit of September . . .

Lucky Cider - a sweet soft drink with "kira kira" sparkle - twinkle twinkle sparkle - not dolphins!


Amazing Asahi beer and a mini okonomiyaki (savoury pancake) which was also like takoyaki (octopus dumplings) with egg! Yum!


Yuzu sorbet - Japanese lemon which also tastes like lime - really refreshing!


A candy flower used as an offering to the Gods. I bought it to find out what it was but it is too pretty to eat!


My first savoury crepe - potato salad, tuna and lettuce - surprisingly yum!


Amazing bagel set which had cream cheese and smoked salmon - I know this isn't Japanese especially since they import them from New York but they were so good!


Some new sushi that I tried . . .

BBQ corn


Unagi - eel - yum!


BBQ Squid


Wieners!


Prawns, mayonaise and cheese lightly grilled - yum!


and my old favourite salmon, onion and mayonaise!


My first McFlurry ever - and Hello Kitty was on the cup!


Weird seaweedish slimy stuff that tasted really good!


My new favourite drink - Two Dogs - and Australian original even though you can't get it there anymore!


My favourite - melon soda float!


Green tea doughnut with green tea icing. Yum!


Amazing, real Mexican at Taube and Julian's - Richard bought the spices back from America. Salsa, refried beans and Japanese beer of course!


The amazing tortilla!


Shrimp and squash that Kimi and Richard made.


My homemade tiramisu!


Whole fish that tasted amazing!


My welcome lunch with my Junior High School.


The best banana cake ever!


Japanese curry and rice made during a cooking lesson!

No comments: