Sunday 9 November 2008

International Festival

26th October

The annual International Festival was held in Himeji. We were asked to volunteer at the festival for English conversation, the American Brownie stand and the Aussie BBQ! Of course I was excited to help out at the Aussie BBQ! It was a cold rainy day but fun anyway. We thought we would be cooking but it was all taken care of by a very organised group of Japanese ladies who were cooking sausages, onion, potato and beef with chopsticks on the biggest BBQ I have seen in Japan! We just had to speak English and look Aussie - not hard to do! But it was a really fun day and once I had finished I sampled food from Brazil, Peru, Malaysia and America!

Marie-Louise and I trying our best to look Aussie!


The ladies cooking the Aussie BBQ - very Japanese style with chopsticks!


Amazing Brazilian cake and coffee!

No comments: