Wednesday 5 August 2009

School!

17th July

Well another term has come to an end which means we are now on summer holidays! This past term I was at a smaller school for only four months. The junior high school was really in the country and to get there I had to travel 20 minutes by train from Himeji and then ride the school bicycle for 15 minutes. I really enjoyed working at this school even though it was a different experience to my last school. When I first visited this school I was excited as the school slogan was even written in English! The students at the school were very friendly and so well behaved but some were extremely shy as they don't have the chance to speak with foreigners often. I really enjoyed getting to know the teachers and students and hope to return to this school in March next year!

The river I would cross on the way to school


There are mountains all around this area


Rice fields after being planted


The road leading to the school - I think I often scared the people living here especially when I said Good Morning in Japanese!


My School - "Think and Try"


The rice fields


A house really in the middle of nowhere!

No comments: