Monday 13 July 2009

Yukata Matsuri!

22nd and 23rd June

The Yukata Matsuri is the summer kimono festival. This festival happens once a year for two days and everyone wears their beautiful summer kimonos and the main street is lined with all sorts of games and wonderful food stalls. We were lucky to have Yumiko our cooking teacher to come over and help dress us in our Yukatas. The first night we went down early and took many photos in front of the castle before enjoying all sorts of foods and drinks but it turned into a very rainy night! The next night we went later just for drinks at the local bar and I dressed us all in our yukatas - I am able to tie obi's which I think is quite special!

Yumiko and I


Cuteness at the festival


All of us and the castle


Taube and me


Rachel's students doing taiko


Me 'holding' the castle!


The stalls lining the street

No comments: