Monday 13 July 2009

Tea Ceremony at Primary School!

11th June

Every week I visit one of four different Primary schools and I really enjoy it as the kids are really excited to see me and they know that English lessons are fun! One of the schools I went to this month had a special day where the teachers and students could go to a tea ceremony in the break time. I was taken to a special tatami mat room in the school where there were 3 older ladies and Mrs Tanaka. Mrs Tanaka was wearing a kimono and gave me a sweet first (so the tea is not so bitter) and then made the tea. It was such a beautiful tatami room and I think it is wonderful that schools here can have something like this and no one ruins it!

The sweet - with sweet beans inside which I actually like now!


The matcha (bitter, thicker green tea)


Me in the beautiful tatami room


Mrs Tanaka

No comments: