Friday 28 September 2007

My Birthday - couldn't get any better than having it in Japan!

26th September

Well it was my birthday and now I am 27! I had a great day at school - definitely wouldn't call it work considering how good the kids are here! My last school sent me an amazing card which will be my Japanese study for awhile! The students at my new school found out it was my birthday and all cheered for me! Then after work I went out to dinner with my Mum (she is here visiting for 2 weeks), Tina, Steve, Marie, Kathy and Tom (Tina and Marie's parents who are also visiting), Taube, Makoto and Kyosuke! We went to an Izakaya which is a restaurant where you sit at a low table and order many dishes which you share with everyone. Makoto was in charge of booking a place and he chose a cool one which was a pirate theme and he and Kyosuke then took charge of ordering all the food too! It was fantastic! After dinner we did purikura which is a photo booth where you have photos taken and then you decorate them before they are printed out as stickers! And Mum bought me a nice birthday cake too! It was a fantastic night and it was so lovely to receive so many gifts from my friends from home and overseas some of you were just too organised and I had to resist opening them for so long . . . but I did!

Kate bought me these cool presents!


Mum gave me spending money and yum stuff from home!


Tina, Marie and Steve gave me a Hello Kitty suitcase - it is a little one to take on the plane, a beautiful mirror that I saw ages ago when we were in Nikko and lots of cool Hello Kitty stuff! If you hadn't guessed I love Hello Kitty! :)


Jodi and Jono gave me these cool presents! I love the tsunami wave!


These are all my other cool presents I got from friends at home and overseas!


Hiromi and Fumiyo gave me these "kawaii" flowers!


Thanks to everyone!

Kanpai to me! (Cheers to me!)


All of us at the Izakaya!


Steve, Tina, Marie and I.


Mum, Tom and Kathy - the parents!


Mum and I!


Makoto and Kyosuke!


Purikura!


Me and my yum cake!

1 comment:

Tinz said...

Glad you had a good night Lauren! You deserved to :-)