Monday 18 June 2007

Jodi’s Birthday Party!

9th June
On Saturday night we went out for Jodi’s early birthday party! We went for the first time to the Egret Centre beer garden. I wrote about this building before when we took photos of the castle. The beer garden is on top of this building and has fantastic views of the castle. We got there around 6pm and for three hours it is as much as you can eat and drink! All for only 3000 yen! (about $30) The food was ok – a buffet of finger food and as always the beer was great – Asahi! You could also choose chu-hi (Japanese spirit) mixed or orange juice. It was a great night with only a spot of rain and everyone in the beer garden seemed to know each other by the end of the night and we all left together and headed for karaoke! I am not usually a huge fan of karaoke (I’d rather just listen than sing!) but I had the best time this night and found my calling as a DJ! I choose most songs and took requests – I didn’t sing them all though! You don’t realise how hard some songs are to sing even with the words! I thought MC Hammer’s “you can’t touch this” would be a classic but we soon found out the only words we knew were “you can’t touch this”!!! After leaving karaoke we headed to a new American style bar where the bartender made great drinks! It was a fantastic night and I hope to go back to the beer garden soon!

All the girls plus a random guy at Jodi's birthday! ( He turned out to be really funny and came to karaoke with us!)


Marie, Tina and I being silly but with a great view of the castle in the background!


Karaoke - me being serious about choosing songs while the guys sang!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

We were quite happy after the 3 hours of all you can drink!! I definitely want to go to the beer garden again soon :-)

Marie said...

That was a fun night! You did a great job of being a DJ at karaoke!