Tuesday 12 June 2007

Chili Peppers! In Osaka!

8th June 2007

Well the Chili Peppers finally made it to Osaka! We had kept our tickets from earlier in the year and left school early to make our way to Osaka in time. We arrived just before they started as there was no supporting band. The stadium is huge as it is usually a baseball stadium and it is very space like! The general admission tickets had sold out so we had very high seats which gave us a fantastic view. The general admission area was also seated but as soon as they started playing everyone stood up. They played for about an hour and a half and did some old and new songs – "soul to squeeze", "scar tissue", "by the way" and they also did a cover of Abba’s "SOS"! It was a little different here as not everyone sang along but Marie more than made up for it! It was a fantastic night and I am so glad I got to see them – and it makes it even better that it was in Japan!

The Osaka dome.


One of the few photos I took without being caught! They had huge screens behind the stage and a great backdrop which changed all the time.


All the people in seated general admission!


Marie, Tina and I outside the stadium.

2 comments:

Tinz said...

How cool were the Chili's?? It was an awesome concert!!

Marie said...

When I got out of that concert, my entire body was wet with sweat because I was jumping around and singing the entire night! It was worth it though to see my most favourite band in the world with my most favourite people in the world!