Tuesday 3 July 2007

Food!! Glorious Food!! June

June 2007

This wonderful banana daiquiri was from the Moo bar right on the beach on Shiraishi Island. It tasted so good and was easily forgotten that I was drinking a cocktail at lunch time!



Yum BBQ on Shiraishi Island. The whole fish were really good!



Buffet style finger food at the Egret beer garden and of course Asahi beer!



Delicious Chinese lunch in Osaka.



Coke in a bag! I think it is to save rubbish but they put coke and ice in a bag!



There are a lot of different drinks in Japan and this is the newest one! It is made by Pepsi but is ice cucumber flavour. I tried it and it tastes like nothing really – could be refreshing but I didn’t really like it!



I love takoyaki and Marie had these takoyaki with a difference – they were sweet and filled with icecream! They look like the real thing though!


This was part of my dinner at the yukata matsuri. A yum chicken skewer and beer! Festivals always have the best food!



We went to an Okonomiyaki restaurant when the festival was on. I am with Aika and Marie. The okonomiyaki is cooked and then kept warm on the hotplate so you can just cut off what you want to eat.



This ice cream sundae is out of control! You often see these displays outside restaurants which makes ordering very easy! However we have started to notice crazy sundaes! Marie and I spotted this one. The cup on the left is normal size so you can see how big it is! (about 70cm tall!) The price is also out of control – 7900 Yen (about $79!) Not sure who would order it let alone be able to eat it all in one sitting!



Steve was a being a big kid when he ordered this one! He nicknamed it “snuff puff”!!



Temaki zushi – hand rolled sushi which I made with Yoko’s help!


Everywhere you look in Japan there are vending machines which are really convenient! In winter you can even get hot coffee, tea or cocoa in a can – it’s the best invention. I love this vending machine though – it has Himeji castle on it and it’s across the road from the castle!

2 comments:

Tinz said...

You ate lots of yummy delicious food this month. I love festival food too. I hope there is another one soon!!

Unknown said...

Wow that food looks GREAT!! You're turning so Japanese :)